Monday, January 2, 2017

My 2017 Goals

(Brooke Taelor Photography recently took some awesome pictures of us in our new home & I will be sharing soon!! Until then you can view them & the rest of her incredible work on her website.)


Hey Yall! 2016 was an absolute JOY & full of new adventures, new experiences, and life lessons. We bought our first home, celebrated the lives of family who passed, family who came into the world, and friends who got married. We spent so much time with our families, got to fish, hunt & spend lots of time outdoors, and even go on a few adventures while we were off work. Do you know what was missing? Blogging! If there was anything I feel like I regret about 2016 would be that I didn't blog about my life in 2016 because it was such a huge year for me & my little family, that brings me into my goals for 2017...

2017 Goals

1.) I AM  GOING TO BLOG MORE!!!! There are no if's, and's butt's about it. i am going to try something new and literally plan out the time I am going to blog...which would bring me into my next goal, organization.

2.) Be More Organized. I wouldn't consider myself an unorganized human. I have a tendency to write every single little thing in my planner, I usually know where every single thing is at any given time, and I don't forget events. I want to improve my organizational skills by actually checking my planner (guilty of just not looking at it when I know I'm busy, OOPS!), meal planning more often, decluttering our lives & our home, and also planning my day better to schedule my workouts, blogging, etc. A few weeks ago I stumbled across The Blooming Homestead & the absolutely FABULOUS printables she has on her blog & I printed this family planner to use to keep track of keeping the house clean, our records, grocery lists, meal planning, etc & let me tell you...IT IS INCREDIBLE! & beautiful, what more could you need? She also has fabulous home budgeting tools. printables for around the house & a great blog!

3.) Budgeting! I am not bad at budgeting, I pay all of my bills & pay them all on time. It's my "free" money I want to get better with, it disappears so quickly & I feel like I just have nothing to show for it & it drives me crazy. Maybe that also can coincide with organization.

4.) Gardening. I love gardening, I've blogged about gardening here before but since I had very little going on in my town home I was limited to what I could talk about. I am SO EXCITED about having a backyard & expanding my garden, being more adventurous in the garden & growing our own food! I'd love to meet some other people my age that have a passion for gardening. Today I am actually planning on drawing up the plans for the raised beds I want in our back yard so I can put B to work. You can see the tiny garden I had in my town home last year here.

I wasn't exaggerating when I said tiny HA!


5.) Canning. This just kind of go's with gardening, I know from experience & the amount of things I'd like to grow that we WILL have leftovers & I want to be able to actually use/preserve them beyond just freezing vegetables. I know the basics of canning but I want to improve my skills & use them!

6.) Recycle More. We have city recycling that we pay for each month & this is the first time in my life that I have this resource at my fingertips so I am working consistently at memorizing what can & can't be recycled in our city & actually getting it into the recycling bin. I'd also love to work on repurposing things around the house if possible but we'll see how that goes. LOL

I know it may seem weird that I didn't post "Resolutions" but I honestly don't like the idea of a resolution. I feel that a GOAL is more attainable & realistic. It may just be a different word with the same meaning but it works for me...it's all mind games. What are your goals for 2017?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.