Thursday, January 26, 2017

HOUSTON WE HAVE SEED STARTS!

On Sunday I started a few tomato seeds, tomatillos, jalapeno peppers, cayenne peppers & aurora peppers. I have them in a a seed starting kit/house in our spare bedroom that gets very good light. I think it's the seed starter below I got from our local nursery. They are doing well & the trays are removable so you can start at different times & comes with a clear top for the green house effect.



I have been checking on them everyday a few times a day & nothing...finally this morning (A whopping 4 days later haha!!) I have seeds that have germinated!! Some of my Tomatillos Grande Rio Verde, Italian Heirloom tomatoes, & Tomato Costoluto Genovese.


All of my seeds this year are from Baker Creek Heirlooms & Seed Savers Exchange. This is my first year ordering from these companies but I love heirloom plants & have heard nothing but good things about them! Starting from seeds is what we did growing up & {can} be a lot less expensive but a lot more hands on! I urge you to check them out! They have everything your heart could desire.

On a side note I think we have already changed our mind about the raised beds... LOL! I think Brett is rethinking how much work pavers but I'm okay with that because that means I can add more beds YAY! So I guess I will just update throughout the build process.

Until next time,
Lauren 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.