Thursday, June 11, 2015

Bringing the coastal feel into work, without looking tacky.

I grew up on the Gulf-Coast of Texas so i spent plenty of warm summer days & nights fishing, boating, and playing on the beach. I considered myself a mermaid or a fish for most of my childhood. Now that I am in college 250 miles away and working a big girl job I find myself day dreaming about those days on the coast & the smell of salty air. I wish I could have no responsibilities forever & pick up & walk down the the sand within minutes, any day I please. But until then, I'll just have to bring that look into my office & keep dreaming...




1. These Kendra Scotts are DARLING! I just got them this past week & haven't gotten the chance to wear them yet but I am itching to, i'll do an outfit post when the time comes.
2. Scallops!!! I can't get enough. I love that this dress is work appropriate in so many settings just by wearing it like it is with the right shoes and you can easily just throw a blazer in almost ANY color on top. 
3. Seriously, the scallops. I think I'm a little late to the scallop party but I can not get enough. Kate Spade is the queen of scallops & this little number just happens to be on sale right now...which means she may be coming home to Momma soon ;)
4. These heels! The color, the caged heel that makes them any more playful, and THE COLOR. I love a good color pop with my shoes when I'm at the office. Did I mention that these are only $35.99?! Charlotte Russe is also running a promotion right now for BOGO $12.50 so I also scooped up these beauts, so classic & "in" right now.
5. Okay maybe I am a little too obsessed with scallops right now, can you blame a girl? They remind me of the home on the coast with a little wave inspiration so I just can't get enough. & monogrammed? Enough said.
6. Essie nail polishes don't need much explanation. These colors are a fun way to bring the coastal feel with you to work (or play) everyday. 

Happy Friday Eve Ladies!
xoxo, Lauren

10 comments:

  1. I need those Kendra's and the Kate Spade scalloped bag pronto.
    Thanks for sharing your picks!

    xoxo, Jenny || Breakfast at Lillys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Kendra's are completely necessary! I wore them out for the first time last night & got compliments the whole time! Thank you so much for stopping by, Hope you have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. Great pieces, I love this shade of blue.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too, although I'm a sucker for any shade of blue ;)

      Delete
  3. Girl, I am so with you on adding a little blue to the wardrobe. Makes me long for the sea! ((and anything scalloped.... YASSS))
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I'm glad I'm not the only one!! Thank you for stopping by my blog! Hope you have a fabulous weekend.

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh those earrings are so fab!! I've always loved the time I've spent on the Texas Gulf, so it must have been so much fun to grow up there! Have a great week:)

    xx
    www.charltonlee.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all these picks. The shade of is so bright I love it.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love the abalone shell from Kendra Scott! Your picks look amazing!
    Victoria

    surprisinglyinspired.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with all the blues and turquoises. Need those Essie colors in my life!

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.